First make a Gallery Page...
Each page on your site can have a special function. We call that special function a Springlet. By default, every new page has the Documents Springlet, so you can add documents to that page. But you want a page with the Gallery Springlet, so I'm going to show you how to change a page's Springlet.
1) Click Add a Page. Give your page a short title, Then click the Parent Page drop down list (it's located toward the bottom) and select the parent page for this new page (this will nest your new page under the parent page). OR If you want to add a gallery to an existing page, just click Edit for the page you wish to add the gallery to.
Don't click the Add Page button at the bottom of the screen yet
2) Click Show Advanced Options...it's a button located near the top of the screen. This will display a bunch of new and crazy stuff at the bottom of the page.
3) At the bottom of the page, under Advanced Options, there's something that says Page Function and it has a drop down list to the right of it which probably says STANDARD in it (though it might not, depending on if the page already has a different Springlet assigned). Click that drop down list and select GALLERY.
4) Now click Add Page at the bottom of the screen.
5) And of course click Build Site
Okay! You should now have a page on your site that has the following four options after it...View Edit Manage Gallery and Delete.
Add Images To Your Gallery Page
1) Click Manage Gallery for the page you want to add the images to.
2) Click Add an Image
3) Click Browse. This will produce a new window where you can search through the files on your computer. Find the image file you want and click Open or Okay (depending on your browser).
4) Give your image a brief title and if you want to give it a caption, type the caption into the Caption area. Try to keep the captions short until you know how your images are laying out...you can always go back and type captions later.
5) Click Add Gallery Entry at the bottom of the page.
IMPORTANT! Depending on how big your image file is and your connection speed, it can take a while for it to load...it will look like you're stuck on the same page and nothing is happening. But rest assured, your image is just loading. If you click any buttons before Mainspring returns you to the Manage Gallery for 'Page' screen, your image will be canceled.
6) Repeat steps two through five for all your pictures.
Please let me know if you have any questions about this at all.
If you don't like how the images appear on the gallery screen, give me a call and I can change how they're being displayed.